How to print with ABS Black Filament
This page is relevant to customers who have purchased Blueprinted ABS Black Filament.
ABS Black Specifications
Recommended extrude temperature for most printers 240C
- Bowden Drives should extrude at 240C. Too hot and you may experience oozing if your retraction settings aren't set correctly.
Recommended heat bed temperature: 100-110C. ABS Black WILL print fine with no heated bed, just be sure to treat the surface and to ensure it's perfectly flat before printing.
Our ABS Black will shimmer once printed. You can achieve a matte finish by using ultra fine grade sand paper. For detailed objects, we recommend using steel wool and a moist cloth. Use clean tools only to not smudge dirt into the finish.
ABS Black Quality Control
- ABS is stronger and yields excellent prints due it's higher printing temp.
- Should be within 0.03+- tolerance.
- Should have excellent adhesion
- Extrudes free of bubbling or oozing
If you feel that our filament hasn't achieved our quality control out of the box, please contact us and we will arrange a refund.
PLA+ ABS Black PRINTS
Please note the below is for references purposes, every printer is different and should be adjusted until excellent results are achieved.
Please comment any questions or suggestions for this page below!
Leave a comment
- Kilo spools come well packed in a vacuum sealed bag.
- Backed by our 30 day money back guarantee.
- Orders of 6 or more will come in a shipping box for added protection.
10 Meter Lengths (approx 25grams)
- Lengths of ABS, ASA, PLA, HIPS, PETG, PC will be sent in continuous lengths (max 50 meters).
- Lengths of PVA, TPU and PA will not be sent in continuous lengths (max 10 meters)
- All filament lengths will come sealed in a vacuum bag.
- The length has a tolerance of 20cm per 10 meter lengths.
- A 10 meter length on average is about 40 grams.
- Excellent to test filament or for smaller print jobs.
- If ordering a large amount of different lengths, dispatch can be delayed up to a day.